Utility Program Design Manager
About the Job
Nexant is a globally recognized software, consulting and services leader that provides solutions to utilities, energy enterprises, chemical companies and government entities worldwide.
Nexant is currently seeking a professional, highly-motivated and self-directed full-time Senior Program Design Manager (not an IT or software development role) with great customer, technical, and communication skills to support electric and gas utility energy efficiency program and measure design.
This position is located in Salt Lake City, Utah.
The successful candidate will be responsible for managing strategic program design initiatives for existing and new Utility projects and programs.
This position will primarily support Nexant’s Utility Services business unit.
Successful candidates must demonstrate the ability to fulfill the duties and responsibilities of the position.
Up to 10% travel is required with the majority of travel being during the business day and some overnight trips.Successful candidates must be reliable and punctual, have excellent oral and written skills, demonstrate initiative and follow through, and ability to work with multiple staff on numerous tasks.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate with clients, delivery and industry partners and internal team members to understand program design challenges and opportunities
- Oversee development of models and metrics to track program performance and inform program design decisions
- Establish and oversee program design improvement plans and activities for programs in multiple states
- Lead market research related to technologies, codes, standards, program designs and third-party specifications
- Guide analysis of historical program participation data
- Supervise and lead a program design team of 3+ staff members
- Support development of program budgets and participation forecasts
- Support client regulatory filings and postings related to program changes
- Work with program delivery teams to ensure program applications, websites, systems, processes, measure libraries and other resources align with current program design and approved tariffs
- Serve as program design subject matter expert for business development and proposal act
- Other duties as assigned.
Every day, Nexant employees partner with customers to reimagine the world we live in and create a more sustainable energy future.
Nexant is a premier provider of technology enabled solutions to the Utility and Energy Industry focused on the next generation intelligent grid, distributed energy resources, and the digital customer experience. Operating from 20 offices around the world, the company's team of industry professionals has completed more than 5,000 engagements in over 70 countries. Nexant's clients include over 200 utility and software services customers. We work with over 300 chemical and petroleum majors, financial institutions, and Fortune 500 companies. Find out more at www.nexant.com.
Nexant supports clients through the following business units:
• Utility Software and Services: We deliver software-enabled strategy, consulting, and implementation services. Software has developed and commercialized a number of industry-leading software platforms and applications including iEnergy®, Grid360™, and iHedge®. Utility Services works with clients to drive customer energy savings; ensure cost-effective program design, implementation, management,and evaluation; and promote customer engagement.
• Energy & Chemicals Advisory: We offer consulting services, subscriptions, and training. E&CA provides strategic planning, project development, competitor analysis, and market and price forecasting.
• Government Services: We assist developing countries with energy sector policies, infrastructure, financing, and access to affordable electricity. We have worked in countries such as Kenya, Myanmar, India, Ethiopia, and many others.
Diversity & Sustainability at Nexant
At Nexant, diversity, equality, and inclusion matter. We have made a firm commitment to address diversity in every aspect of our business operations. We recognize that to be successful, it is vital to celebrate our differences, provide fair opportunity, and learn from one another.
The management of energy, water and other vital resources is in a pivotal moment in history. We believe we have an opportunity to empower sustainable activities as a business and as individuals.This belief is infused in our relationships with employees, clients, our supply chain, and the environment. We are proud of our sustainability achievements as a company and how our business aligns with the goal of a resourceful, responsible, and sustainable world. Nexant has been recording, reporting, and offsetting our North American office carbon emissions with The Climate Registry since 2008. Nexant is a member of EUISSCA, an alliance of US electric utilities and their suppliers that was formed to promote a robust and sustainable electric utility industry supply chain.
Nexant, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum of 3 years of work experience with utility energy efficiency programs.
- Strong customer relationship and sales skills.
- A strong understanding of residential, commercial, industrial and agricultural energy efficiency technologies and program delivery models.
- Demonstrated experience in market research and data analysis.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities while balancing schedules and budgets. Excellent writing, interpersonal, presentation, and analytical skills.
- Experience in the following areas is a plus: Proposal development.
- Codes and standards.
- Change management.
- Continuous improvement.
Salary and Benefits (U.S.)
Nexant offers competitive salaries based on candidate's qualifications. Nexant also offers three weeks paid vacation per year, eleven paid holidays per year, a 401(k) plan with employee matching funds and an overall comprehensive benefits package.