Outreach Coordinator (Engineer III)
About the Job
Nexant is currently seeking a professional, highly-motivated and self-directed full-time team member with great customer, technical, and communication skills to support energy efficiency program delivery in Wyoming, primarily in the Casper, Riverton/Lander, and Rock Springs areas. This position will be a remote position located in Wyoming.
The successful candidate will be responsible for performing community, customer, and vendor outreach, conducting onsite energy assessments for potential electric energy efficiency measures at industrial, agricultural, and commercial facilities, and facilitate participation in Utility sponsored energy efficiency programs.
This position will primarily support Nexant’s Utility Services Energy Efficiency Delivery business unit.Successful candidates must demonstrate the ability to fulfill the duties and responsibilities of the position.
Up to 50% travel is required with the majority of travel being during the business day and some overnight trips.
Successful candidates must be reliable and punctual, have excellent oral and written skills, demonstrate initiative and follow through, and ability to work with multiple staff on numerous tasks.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Community, customer, and vendor outreach
- Provide sales and incentive program training to customers, contractors and other vendors
- Interface with local community organizations to drive participation in Utility sponsored energy efficiency programs
- Project coordination & engineering
- Communicate and coordinate efficiently with various program stakeholders and participants
- Meet overall project budgets and energy savings acquisition targets
- Meet with utility customer and vendors to co-manage projects, present results, and develop new scopes of work
- Independently identify energy-efficiency opportunities. Provide technical assistance and support energy efficient project implementation
- Conduct energy audits (both scoping- and investment-grade) at medium to large commercial, industrial and agricultural facilities from a wide variety of industry types
- Perform and review energy savings calculations. Maintain quality control of deliverable products, demonstrating technical excellence, objectivity, and clarity while maintaining project schedules
- Conduct site visits to verify installation and operation of baseline and replacement energy using equipment. Conduct measurement and verification tasks as required
- Write reports to summarize results and to recommend savings amounts and incentive payments
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering
- PE strongly preferred or intent to pursue
- Minimum of 3 years of work experience with engineering and/or energy efficiency
- Strong customer relationship and sales skills
- A strong understanding of commercial, industrial and agricultural systems and equipment
- Demonstrated experience in energy auditing and performing associated measures analysis
- Ability to manage multiple projects while meeting schedules and budgets
- Excellent writing, interpersonal, presentation, and analytical skills
- Experience in the following areas is a plus:Lighting systems, HVAC systems, refrigeration, irrigation, VFDs, compressors, vacuums, boilers, pumps and fans
- Perform commissioning and/or retro-commissioning of industrial and commercial systems
- Building and energy modeling/simulation tools (e.g. Trace, DOE-2, eQuest)
- Calculation of energy savings for energy efficiency improvements
- Must be able to travel locally (nationally or internationally) up to approximately 60% of the time
- Driver’s License and access to personal vehicle.
Every day, Nexant employees partner with customers to reimagine the world we live in and create a more sustainable energy future.
Nexant is a premier provider of technology enabled solutions to the Utility and Energy Industry focused on the next generation intelligent grid, distributed energy resources, and the digital customer experience. Operating from 20 offices around the world, the company's team of industry professionals has completed more than 5,000 engagements in over 70 countries. Nexant's clients include over 200 utility and software services customers. We work with over 300 chemical and petroleum majors, financial institutions, and Fortune 500 companies. Find out more at www.nexant.com.
Nexant supports clients through the following business units:
• Utility Software and Services: We deliver software-enabled strategy, consulting, and implementation services. Software has developed and commercialized a number of industry-leading software platforms and applications including iEnergy®, Grid360™, and iHedge®. Utility Services works with clients to drive customer energy savings; ensure cost-effective program design, implementation, management, and evaluation; and promote customer engagement.
• Energy & Chemicals Advisory: We offer consulting services, subscriptions, and training. E&CA provides strategic planning, project development, competitor analysis, and market and price forecasting.
• Government Services: We assist developing countries with energy sector policies, infrastructure, financing, and access to affordable electricity. We have worked in countries such as Kenya, Myanmar, India, Ethiopia, and many others.
Diversity & Sustainability at Nexant
At Nexant, diversity, equality, and inclusion matter. We have made a firm commitment to address diversity in every aspect of our business operations. We recognize that to be successful, it is vital to celebrate our differences, provide fair opportunity, and learn from one another.
The management of energy, water and other vital resources is in a pivotal moment in history. We believe we have an opportunity to empower sustainable activities as a business and as individuals.This belief is infused in our relationships with employees, clients, our supply chain, and the environment. We are proud of our sustainability achievements as a company and how our business aligns with the goal of a resourceful, responsible, and sustainable world. Nexant has been recording, reporting, and offsetting our North American office carbon emissions with The Climate Registry since 2008. Nexant is a member of EUISSCA, an alliance of US electric utilities and their suppliers that was formed to promote a robust and sustainable electric utility industry supply chain.
Nexant, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Salary and Benefits (U.S.)
Nexant offers competitive salaries based on candidate's qualifications. Nexant also offers three weeks paid vacation per year, eleven paid holidays per year, a 401(k) plan with employee matching funds and an overall comprehensive benefits package.