Energy Efficiency Project Coordinator
This is a remote role, however, the person selected must currently reside in Southern CA.
If you are friendly, share our passion for excellent service and enjoy meeting new people, Nexant’s Trade Ally team is the place for you. One part relationship-builder and one part problem-solver, as a Trade Ally Ambassador, you will be a key contact, working with contractors, distributors, manufacturers, vendors, architects, engineering firms, service providers, etc., individually and in group settings, to build relationships and maximize participation in energy efficiency programs in the State of California. We are currently seeking two Energy Efficiency Project Coordinator positions: one to provide coverage for programs in Southern California (Los Angeles Area), and one to provide coverage for programs in Northern California (Bay Area).
At Nexant, we strive to make a positive impact on the world through energy efficiency and we are committed to a culture of teamwork to do so. Every person is treated with respect and is recognized for their efforts. We are devoted to bringing out the best in each other, contributing to the collective mission, and holding each other accountable. If you want to make a difference, value integrity and providing quality and service beyond expectations, we want to hear from you.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Reach, educate and assist contractors / trade allies so they may effectively participate in and promote energy efficiency programs
- Build and manage trade ally relationships
- Develop and execute outreach to recruit new trade allies and retain current trade allies
- Deliver sales and program training presentations to provide trade allies with an understanding of the value of incentive programs
- Help trade allies identify qualifying projects and associated incentives
- Support trade ally / customer application completion, submission, and follow up
- Answer program inquiries
- Train and support trade allies to use new software programs
- Complete on-site project verification's
- Willingness to travel up to 50% of the time; mostly day trips with in the respective region, Northern or Southern California
- Represent the utility at industry trade shows and customer home shows
- Other duties as directed.
- Associate’s degree or 2 years of industry experience in related field: professional sales, account management, marketing, customer service or field services
- A strong aptitude / understanding of sales and sales structures within the HVAC, Lighting or residential / commercial building industries
- Reliable, Self-motivated, quick learner with positive attitude
- Customer-focused problem solver
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and the ability to learn and operate company proprietary computer software is required
- Motivated to learn new mobile applications and teach others how to utilize them
- Use personal vehicle to visit customer sites, including carrying tools and equipment
- Strong attention to detail and follow-through in a fast pace environment
- Bilingual English/Spanish is a plus
Every day, Nexant employees partner with customers to reimagine the world we live in and create a more sustainable energy future.
Nexant is a premier provider of technology enabled solutions to the Utility and Energy Industry focused on the next generation intelligent grid, distributed energy resources, and the digital customer experience. Operating from 20 offices around the world, the company's team of industry professionals has completed more than 5,000 engagements in over 70 countries. Nexant's clients include over 200 utility and software services customers. We work with over 300 chemical and petroleum majors, financial institutions, and Fortune 500 companies. Find out more at www.nexant.com.
Nexant supports clients through the following business units:
• Utility Software and Services: We deliver software-enabled strategy, consulting, and implementation services. Software has developed and commercialized a number of industry-leading software platforms and applications including iEnergy®, Grid360™, and iHedge®. Utility Services works with clients to drive customer energy savings; ensure cost-effective program design, implementation, management,and evaluation; and promote customer engagement.
• Energy & Chemicals Advisory: We offer consulting services, subscriptions, and training. E&CA provides strategic planning, project development, competitor analysis, and market and price forecasting.
• Government Services: We assist developing countries with energy sector policies, infrastructure, financing, and access to affordable electricity. We have worked in countries such as Kenya, Myanmar, India, Ethiopia, and many others.
Diversity & Sustainability at Nexant
At Nexant, diversity, equality, and inclusion matter. We have made a firm commitment to address diversity in every aspect of our business operations. We recognize that to be successful, it is vital to celebrate our differences, provide fair opportunity, and learn from one another.
The management of energy, water and other vital resources is in a pivotal moment in history. We believe we have an opportunity to empower sustainable activities as a business and as individuals.This belief is infused in our relationships with employees, clients, our supply chain, and the environment. We are proud of our sustainability achievements as a company and how our business aligns with the goal of a resourceful, responsible, and sustainable world. Nexant has been recording, reporting, and offsetting our North American office carbon emissions with The Climate Registry since 2008. Nexant is a member of EUISSCA, an alliance of US electric utilities and their suppliers that was formed to promote a robust and sustainable electric utility industry supply chain.
Nexant, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Salary and Benefits (U.S.)
Nexant offers competitive salaries based on candidate qualifications. Nexant also offers three weeks paid vacation per year, eleven paid holidays per year, a 401(k) plan with employee matching funds and an overall comprehensive benefits package.