Program Design Analyst
About the Job
Do you enjoy working with a team, being innovative, doing the right thing and having fun? Are you personable, ambitious, sharp as a tack and have a passion for a sustainable energy future? Then Nexant is the place for you.
As a Program Data Analyst based in Salt Lake City, you will be key to our teams’ success. Looking for a sharp motivated analyst to support our administration of energy efficiency programs for electric and gas utilities. You will support program design activities existing and new Utility projects and programs. We are a geographically diverse team requiring solid organizational and planning skills and attention to detail.
At Nexant, we strive to make a positive impact on the world through energy efficiency and we are committed to a culture of teamwork to do so. Every person is treated with respect and is recognized for their efforts. We are devoted to bringing out the best in each other, contributing to the collective mission, and holding each other accountable. If you want to make a difference, value integrity and providing quality and service beyond expectations, we want to hear from you.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct market research related to technologies, codes, standards, program designs and third party specifications
- Perform analysis of historical program participation data
- Develop program budgets and participation forecasts
- Support client regulatory filings and postings related to program changes
- Work with program delivery teams to ensure program applications, websites, systems, processes, measure libraries and other resources align with current program design and approved tariffs
- Contribute to business development and proposal activities
- Work independently and in teams to conduct tasks related to program delivery and continuous improvement efforts
- Maintain quality control of deliverable products, demonstrating technical excellence, objectivity, and clarity while maintaining project schedules
- Other duties as assigned.
Every day, Nexant employees partner with customers to reimagine the world we live in and create a more sustainable energy future.
Nexant is a premier provider of technology enabled solutions to the Utility and Energy Industry focused on the next generation intelligent grid, distributed energy resources, and the digital customer experience. Operating from 20 offices around the world, the company's team of industry professionals has completed more than 5,000 engagements in over 70 countries. Nexant's clients include over 200 utility and software services customers. We work with over 300 chemical and petroleum majors, financial institutions, and Fortune 500 companies. Find out more at www.nexant.com.
Nexant supports clients through the following business units:
• Utility Software and Services: We deliver software-enabled strategy, consulting, and implementation services. Software has developed and commercialized a number of industry-leading software platforms and applications including iEnergy®, Grid360™, and iHedge®. Utility Services works with clients to drive customer energy savings; ensure cost-effective program design, implementation, management, and evaluation; and promote customer engagement.
• Energy & Chemicals Advisory: We offer consulting services, subscriptions, and training. E&CA provides strategic planning, project development, competitor analysis, and market and price forecasting.
• Government Services: We assist developing countries with energy sector policies, infrastructure, financing, and access to affordable electricity. We have worked in countries such as Kenya, Myanmar, India, Ethiopia, and many others.
Diversity & Sustainability at Nexant
At Nexant, diversity, equality, and inclusion matter. We have made a firm commitment to address diversity in every aspect of our business operations. We recognize that to be successful, it is vital to celebrate our differences, provide fair opportunity, and learn from one another.
The management of energy, water and other vital resources is in a pivotal moment in history. We believe we have an opportunity to empower sustainable activities as a business and as individuals.This belief is infused in our relationships with employees, clients, our supply chain, and the environment. We are proud of our sustainability achievements as a company and how our business aligns with the goal of a resourceful, responsible, and sustainable world. Nexant has been recording, reporting, and offsetting our North American office carbon emissions with The Climate Registry since 2008. Nexant is a member of EUISSCA, an alliance of US electric utilities and their suppliers that was formed to promote a robust and sustainable electric utility industry supply chain.
Nexant, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Excellent Excel and R skills
- Experience with utility energy efficiency programs
- Familiarity with residential, commercial, industrial and agricultural energy efficiency technologies and program delivery models
- Demonstrated experience in market research and data analysis
- Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities while balancing schedules and budgets
- Excellent writing, interpersonal, presentation, and analytical skills
- Experience in the following areas is a plus:
- Proposal development
- Codes and standards
- Change management
- Continuous improvement.
- Interest in energy efficiency, utility economics and clean energy - preference will be given to experience and/or education within the energy efficiency or building efficiency industry and/or an understanding of building systems, particularly lighting, HVAC and control technologies and applications.
Salary and Benefits (U.S.)
Nexant offers competitive salaries based on candidate's qualifications. Nexant also offers three weeks paid vacation per year, eleven paid holidays per year, a 401(k) plan with employee matching funds and an overall comprehensive benefits package.