Chief of Party, South Asia
Senior-Level, Full-time Resident Staff Position
About the Job
Nexant, Inc. (the Government Services Group) is seeking qualified applicants to serve as Chief of Party (“COP”) for an upcoming USAID-funded project in South Asia (“Project”). The objective of the Project is to address energy security challenges with the goal of improving the delivery of affordable, secure, reliable and sustainable energy services through expanded, transparent and efficient energy markets in South Asia. The Chief of Party will be based in Delhi, India and the assignment is expected to start in early 2020.
Duties and Responsibilities
The COP will support the Project in all activities for the entire period of performance to ensure achievement of the Project’s results, quality standards and schedules required under the Project. The COP will define and manage overall Project requirements, such as staffing, cost and quality control of all tasks and assignments undertaken to achieve this Project’s objectives. The COP must have the ability to speak for the contractor on all matters and ensure that the contractor can make decisions in a timely and efficient manner. The COP’s primary responsibilities will include, among others, as required during the performance of the Project:
• Serve as the main point of contact between USAID and the contractor.
• Ensure effective coordination among the Project implementing team members.
• Ensure effective and efficient performance for all aspects of the Project and oversee all quality control and reporting; and interacting professionally with USAID Mission(s), Embassy staff, and government officials, other donors, and regional organizations.
• Provide programmatic leadership and overseeing the strategic planning of activities in support of the Project goals and objectives, including the determination of project priorities and appropriate technical initiatives.
• Ensure results-oriented technical components and high-quality and timely deliverables and reports, focusing on synergistic coordination of all technical areas.
• Advise regional counterparts on technical issues and participate in relevant advisory and/or working groups with counterparts, partner institutions, and all other local stakeholders.
• As required, represent the Project in public and professional circles through meetings, conferences, and presentations.
Every day, Nexant employees partner with customers to reimagine the world we live in and create a more sustainable energy future.
Nexant is a premier provider of technology enabled solutions to the Utility and Energy Industry focused on the next generation intelligent grid, distributed energy resources, and the digital customer experience. Operating from 20 offices around the world, the company's team of industry professionals has completed more than 5,000 engagements in over 70 countries. Nexant's clients include over 200 utility and software services customers. We work with over 300 chemical and petroleum majors, financial institutions, and Fortune 500 companies. Find out more at www.nexant.com.
Nexant supports clients through the following business units:
• Utility Software and Services: We deliver software-enabled strategy, consulting, and implementation services. Software has developed and commercialized a number of industry-leading software platforms and applications including iEnergy®, Grid360™, and iHedge®. Utility Services works with clients to drive customer energy savings; ensure cost-effective program design, implementation, management, and evaluation; and promote customer engagement.
• Energy & Chemicals Advisory: We offer consulting services, subscriptions, and training. E&CA provides strategic planning, project development, competitor analysis, and market and price forecasting.
• Government Services: We assist developing countries with energy sector policies, infrastructure, financing, and access to affordable electricity. We have worked in countries such as Kenya, Myanmar, India, Ethiopia, and many others.
Diversity & Sustainability at Nexant
At Nexant, diversity, equality, and inclusion matter. We have made a firm commitment to address diversity in every aspect of our business operations. We recognize that to be successful, it is vital to celebrate our differences, provide fair opportunity, and learn from one another.
The management of energy, water and other vital resources is in a pivotal moment in history. We believe we have an opportunity to empower sustainable activities as a business and as individuals.This belief is infused in our relationships with employees, clients, our supply chain, and the environment. We are proud of our sustainability achievements as a company and how our business aligns with the goal of a resourceful, responsible, and sustainable world. Nexant has been recording, reporting, and offsetting our North American office carbon emissions with The Climate Registry since 2008. Nexant is a member of EUISSCA, an alliance of US electric utilities and their suppliers that was formed to promote a robust and sustainable electric utility industry supply chain.
Nexant, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
• Demonstrated experience in and understanding of the power sector, institutional actors, market trends, and enabling environment constraints and reforms applicable to South Asia.
• At least fifteen years of professional experience with a successful record in providing field-based management oversight of large scale, complex, multi-country programs with large budgets (preferably previous positions as USAID COP or similar).
• Advanced degree in energy, renewable energy, engineering, economics, finance or related subjects.
• Additional qualifications in one or more of the following areas: regional energy market Integration, deployment of advanced energy systems, utility modernization; and transparent, best value procurement and private sector investment, preferably in the South Asia region and including India.
• Demonstrated strong written, presentation, and communications skills in English and ability to synthesize and present information effectively and tailored to different audiences (knowledge of South Asian languages is a plus).
• Demonstrated skills in identifying and facilitating partnership opportunities across public and private stakeholders and in mobilizing support for partnerships.
• High degree of diplomacy and sensitivity in dealing with internal and external clients, staff and managers at all levels.
• Discretion in handling confidential and sensitive information.