Marketing Account Executive I (Program Representative I)
About the Job (Remote Position but must reside in LA or Orange County, CA):
At Nexant, our mission is to partner with our clients and work together towards a more sustainable energy future. Our Utility Services team supports our overall mission by making a positive impact in the world through energy efficiency. We believe in working as a team, doing the right thing, thinking differently, and having fun. Nexant’s business development and marketing teams focus on building relationships and communicating with the market in a way that inspires engagement in energy efficiency. This will be a client facing role, working remotely as needed. Our clients may/will be in both the Bay Area and Southern California. Preference will be given to those who reside in the LA or OC area as relocation assistance is not currently being offered.
In the role of Marketing Account Executive I, you are responsible for aiding in initiating and responding to potential energy efficiency marketing opportunities in the California market. In addition to that, leading the implementation of energy efficiency marketing strategies and initiatives for utility-sponsored programs in collaboration with our clients. You will develop strategic and tactical campaigns that inspire and drive creative solutions and have an immediate impact on the customers and clients Nexant serves. You must work effectively in a team environment and as an individual contributor for marketing subject matter expertise. In this role, there will be additional collaborative interactions with other project delivery teams (Energy efficiency Program Design, Project Managers, Engineering, etc.)
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensures efforts of the team and components align with goals.
- Acts as client’s voice when developing and executing efforts.
- Develops and maintains client relationships and attends to needs of client in seeking ways to add value; proactively communicating on a regular basis (via email, phone calls, etc.).
- Manages risks by looking for and communicating potential roadblocks to budget, resources, and timelines.
- Oversees day-to-day management of marketing plan.
- Work closely with the overall utility Program Marketing team to identify and implement innovative and improved services that meet current and prospective client needs.
- Support contract management of software (e.g., project management, survey development, email marketing campaigns, and event logistics).
- Collaborate with marketing, operations teams, and partner agencies to develop and execute strategic marketing plans and campaigns for assigned contracts.
- Provide marketing project management, client management, client communication, contractual/SOW compliance, brand development and compliance, client-specific strategy, campaign design, client presentation, cross-functional coordination, and continuous improvement for assigned contracts with direction from Marketing Supervisor, Marketing Manager and Program Managers.
- Track, analyze, and generate reports on the efficacy of marketing campaigns, with support from the rest of the marketing team.
- Strengths: Sales/customer service focused; excellent communication (verbal/presentation and written); problem solving; excellent organizational abilities; numbers/budget/time management.
- Other duties as assigned.
Every day, Nexant employees partner with customers to reimagine the world we live in and create a more sustainable energy future.
Nexant is a premier provider of technology enabled solutions to the Utility and Energy Industry focused on the next generation intelligent grid, distributed energy resources, and the digital customer experience. Operating from 20 offices around the world, the company's team of industry professionals has completed more than 5,000 engagements in over 70 countries. Nexant's clients include over 200 utility and software services customers. We work with over 300 chemical and petroleum majors, financial institutions, and Fortune 500 companies. Find out more at www.nexant.com.
Nexant supports clients through the following business units:
• Utility Software and Services: We deliver software-enabled strategy, consulting, and implementation services. Software has developed and commercialized a number of industry-leading software platforms and applications including iEnergy®, Grid360™, and iHedge®. Utility Services works with clients to drive customer energy savings; ensure cost-effective program design, implementation, management, and evaluation; and promote customer engagement.
• Energy & Chemicals Advisory: We offer consulting services, subscriptions, and training. E&CA provides strategic planning, project development, competitor analysis, and market and price forecasting.
• Government Services: We assist developing countries with energy sector policies, infrastructure, financing, and access to affordable electricity. We have worked in countries such as Kenya, Myanmar, India, Ethiopia, and many others.
Diversity & Sustainability at Nexant
At Nexant, diversity, equality, and inclusion matter. We have made a firm commitment to address diversity in every aspect of our business operations. We recognize that to be successful, it is vital to celebrate our differences, provide fair opportunity, and learn from one another.
The management of energy, water and other vital resources is in a pivotal moment in history. We believe we have an opportunity to empower sustainable activities as a business and as individuals.This belief is infused in our relationships with employees, clients, our supply chain, and the environment. We are proud of our sustainability achievements as a company and how our business aligns with the goal of a resourceful, responsible, and sustainable world. Nexant has been recording, reporting, and offsetting our North American office carbon emissions with The Climate Registry since 2008. Nexant is a member of EUISSCA, an alliance of US electric utilities and their suppliers that was formed to promote a robust and sustainable electric utility industry supply chain.
Nexant, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Bachelor’s degree (BBA, BA, or BS) in Marketing, Business, Communications, Journalism or related field or equivalent experience required.
- 4-6 years of professional marketing and business development experience.
- Knowledge of the Request for Proposal (RFP) process and collaborating with the necessary team members to complete them.
- Experience with marketing platforms (email service providers such as Campaign Monitor, digital ad platforms such as Google Ads and other networks including prominent social media platforms).
- Experience in managing marketing projects for external and internal clients.
- Ability to work with external clients on a daily basis.
- Self-starter, highly organized, and have strong attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced work environment.
- Excellent presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Expert knowledge of and expertise in Microsoft Office applications as well as G Suite applications.
- Utility and/or Energy efficiency industry experience a plus.
Salary and Benefits (U.S.)
Nexant offers competitive salaries based on candidate's qualifications. Nexant also offers three weeks paid vacation per year, eleven paid holidays per year, a 401(k) plan with employee matching funds and an overall comprehensive benefits package.