Utility Program Manager (Project Administrator)
About the Job
***Please only local candidates apply***
Nexant touches on the customer experience from multiple perspectives as a globally recognized software, consulting, and services leader. We work to solve problems and help utilities, energy enterprises, chemical companies, and government entities worldwide. Founded in 2000, Nexant's experts provide dynamic solutions to improve customer engagement, boost operational efficiency, reduce costs, and save resources.
At Nexant, we strive to make a positive impact on the world through energy efficiency and we are committed to a culture of teamwork where each person is treated with respect and is recognized for their efforts. We value integrity, quality, innovation, and customer service. We are devoted to bringing out the best in each other, contributing to the collective mission, and holding each other accountable.
Nexant is currently seeking an experienced Utility Energy Efficiency Program Manager.
This position is located in Salt Lake City, Utah and will primarily support Nexant’s Utility Services Energy Efficiency Delivery business unit.
Successful candidates must demonstrate the ability to fulfill the duties and responsibilities of the position.
Up to 10% travel is required with the majority of travel being during the business day and some overnight trips.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee project and program contracts, scopes, budgets, and teams with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Communicate key objectives, strategies, and priorities to a variety of stakeholders and contributors.
- Create annual plans and deliver results.
- Oversee program performance and reporting for multiple projects in multiple states.
- Ensure compliance with all contract, tariff, and program requirements.
- Coordinate day-to-day aspects of projects including quality of work product, client communications, scheduling, and utilizing internal and external delivery team members to delivery results.
- Maintain quality control of all deliverable products, demonstrating objectivity and clarity while maintaining project schedules.
- Establish and maintain a professional customer rapport, including identifying and anticipating customer needs and proposing solutions.
- Promptly and accurately address customer concerns to assure problem resolution and promote long-term productive relationships.
- Coordinate with client, delivery team members, and industry partners to identify program challenges and opportunities for improvement.
- Collaboratively develop, present, and implement recommendations to enhance go-to-market strategies and operational efficiencies.
- Facilitate effective change management.
- Balance innovation with risk management.
- Provide excellent customer service to clients, customers, delivery team members, and industry partners.
- Foster a positive, collaborative, and productive culture.
- Other duties as assigned.
Every day, Nexant employees partner with customers to reimagine the world we live in and create a more sustainable energy future.
Nexant is a premier provider of technology enabled solutions to the Utility and Energy Industry focused on the next generation intelligent grid, distributed energy resources, and the digital customer experience. Operating from 20 offices around the world, the company's team of industry professionals has completed more than 5,000 engagements in over 70 countries. Nexant's clients include over 200 utility and software services customers. We work with over 300 chemical and petroleum majors, financial institutions, and Fortune 500 companies. Find out more at www.nexant.com.
Nexant supports clients through the following business units:
• Utility Software and Services: We deliver software-enabled strategy, consulting, and implementation services. Software has developed and commercialized a number of industry-leading software platforms and applications including iEnergy®, Grid360™, and iHedge®. Utility Services works with clients to drive customer energy savings; ensure cost-effective program design, implementation, management,and evaluation; and promote customer engagement.
• Energy & Chemicals Advisory: We offer consulting services, subscriptions, and training. E&CA provides strategic planning, project development, competitor analysis, and market and price forecasting.
• Government Services: We assist developing countries with energy sector policies, infrastructure, financing, and access to affordable electricity. We have worked in countries such as Kenya, Myanmar, India, Ethiopia, and many others.
Diversity & Sustainability at Nexant
At Nexant, diversity, equality, and inclusion matter. We have made a firm commitment to address diversity in every aspect of our business operations. We recognize that to be successful, it is vital to celebrate our differences, provide fair opportunity, and learn from one another.
The management of energy, water and other vital resources is in a pivotal moment in history. We believe we have an opportunity to empower sustainable activities as a business and as individuals.This belief is infused in our relationships with employees, clients, our supply chain, and the environment. We are proud of our sustainability achievements as a company and how our business aligns with the goal of a resourceful, responsible, and sustainable world. Nexant has been recording, reporting, and offsetting our North American office carbon emissions with The Climate Registry since 2008. Nexant is a member of EUISSCA, an alliance of US electric utilities and their suppliers that was formed to promote a robust and sustainable electric utility industry supply chain.
Nexant, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- BA or BS degree is required, preferably in Engineering, Economics, Political Science, Business, or a related field
- Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years of work experience with utility energy efficiency programs.
- Strong customer relationship and sales skills.
- A strong understanding of residential, commercial, industrial and agricultural energy efficiency.
- Demonstrated experience with project management.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities while balancing schedules and budgets.
- Excellent writing, interpersonal, presentation, and analytical skills.
- Experience in the following areas is a plus:
- Strategic planning.
- Matrix/Functional Organizations.
- Customized solutions vs. one-size-fits all products.
- Software product integration into service offerings.
Salary and Benefits (U.S.)
Nexant offers competitive salaries based on candidate's qualifications. Nexant also offers three weeks paid vacation per year, eleven paid holidays per year, a 401(k) plan with employee matching funds and an overall comprehensive benefits package.