Senior Project Engineer - Retrocommissioning Engineer
About the Job
We are currently seeking a Senior Project Engineer. This position will serve as a retrocommissioning engineer on our smart building analytics team. Candidate should have retrocommissioning experience, a robust understanding of commercial HVAC systems and control strategies, aptitude for analytical problem solving, willingness to do field work, and passion for saving energy and improving building performance.
Nexant’s smart building analytics team uses automated fault detection and analytics software to identify cost-effective energy and maintenance cost saving opportunities for our commercial, industrial, and utility customers. We are using smart building platforms to transform traditional retrocommissioning services into ongoing real time energy management (RTEM) services that provide customers with the ability to continually commission their facility to maintain optimal energy performance and comfort.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Retrocommissioning - Lead (traditional) retrocommissioning projects on commercial buildings, including site visits, data acquisition and analysis, opportunity identification, savings quantification, report writing, and verification of savings. This will require travel.
- Real time energy management - Use smart building platforms (e.g. SkySpark, Buildpulse, Switch Automation) to conduct retrocommissioning and ongoing energy management of facilities and portfolios. Ongoing energy management will include using the smart building platform as a tool to provide building owners and operators actionable insights to keep their building operating efficiently on a weekly or monthly basis.
- Energy Assessments and Measurement and Verification - Conduct ASHRAE Level II energy assessments and provide measurement and verification services for customers seeking PACE funding through the PACE WI program.
- Technical resource - Support Nexant’s utility-scale energy efficiency programs as a technical resource when needed.
- Experience with retro commissioning, Level II Energy Assessments, or writing control sequences
- A strong understanding of mechanical and electrical systems and principles: HVAC and controls, lighting, motors, thermodynamics, fluids, and heat transfer
- Thorough knowledge of typical energy savings opportunities in commercial buildings, and experience using spreadsheets to perform energy savings calculations
- Ability to manage multiple projects while meeting deliverable deadlines and budgets
- Excellent writing, interpersonal, presentation, and analytical skills
- Bachelor or Master's degree in mechanical or similar engineering;
- PE or intent to pursue
- 5 years of experience in a directly related field
- Experience with a smart building or analytics platform such as SkySpark, Buildpulse, or Switch Automation.
- Experience with monitoring-based commissioning (MBx) continuous commissioning, or real time energy management (RTEM).
Every day, Nexant employees partner with customers to reimagine the world we live in and create a more sustainable energy future.
Nexant is a premier provider of technology enabled solutions to the Utility and Energy Industry focused on the next generation intelligent grid, distributed energy resources, and the digital customer experience. Operating from 20 offices around the world, the company's team of industry professionals has completed more than 5,000 engagements in over 70 countries. Nexant's clients include over 200 utility and software services customers. We work with over 300 chemical and petroleum majors, financial institutions, and Fortune 500 companies. Find out more at www.nexant.com.
Nexant supports clients through the following business units:
• Utility Software and Services: We deliver software-enabled strategy, consulting, and implementation services. Software has developed and commercialized a number of industry-leading software platforms and applications including iEnergy®, Grid360™, and iHedge®. Utility Services works with clients to drive customer energy savings; ensure cost-effective program design, implementation, management,and evaluation; and promote customer engagement.
• Energy & Chemicals Advisory: We offer consulting services, subscriptions, and training. E&CA provides strategic planning, project development, competitor analysis, and market and price forecasting.
• Government Services: We assist developing countries with energy sector policies, infrastructure, financing, and access to affordable electricity. We have worked in countries such as Kenya, Myanmar, India, Ethiopia, and many others.
Diversity & Sustainability at Nexant
At Nexant, diversity, equality, and inclusion matter. We have made a firm commitment to address diversity in every aspect of our business operations. We recognize that to be successful, it is vital to celebrate our differences, provide fair opportunity, and learn from one another.
The management of energy, water and other vital resources is in a pivotal moment in history. We believe we have an opportunity to empower sustainable activities as a business and as individuals.This belief is infused in our relationships with employees, clients, our supply chain, and the environment. We are proud of our sustainability achievements as a company and how our business aligns with the goal of a resourceful, responsible, and sustainable world. Nexant has been recording, reporting, and offsetting our North American office carbon emissions with The Climate Registry since 2008. Nexant is a member of EUISSCA, an alliance of US electric utilities and their suppliers that was formed to promote a robust and sustainable electric utility industry supply chain.
Nexant, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Salary and Benefits
Nexant offers competitive salaries based on candidate's qualifications. Nexant also offers three weeks paid vacation per year, eleven paid holidays per year, sick time, a 401(k) plan with employee matching funds and an overall comprehensive benefits package.