About the Job
Nexant is currently seeking a Senior Developer experienced with software development for our Utility Services Business Unit. This full-time position will be located in Madison, WI, and will be responsible for supporting the development of software tools used to facilitate and enable the delivery of energy efficiency programs. This position will work on a wide range of software tools to fundamentally change how utilities deliver energy efficiency programs to their customers.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Manage, mentor and lead the software engineering team, which consists of Nexant and subcontractor staff, to effectively design, deliver, deploy, maintain and enhance a portfolio of cloud based software applications in a fast paced, complex and fun environment.
• Combine input collected from business management teams, development best practices, corporate standards, and current technology, to architect technology-enabled, program delivery solutions.
• Collaborate and develop working relationships with direct reports, subcontractors, Nexant business management teams, and external clients to strategically and efficiently enhance Nexant’s portfolio of software applications.
• Be accountable for the quality and timeliness of software releases.
• Serve as a software development and systems technical expert; maintain technical excellence through self-study, conferences and trainings.
• Support internal initiative to attain ISO 27001 compliance.
• Other duties as assigned.
Every day, Nexant employees partner with customers to reimagine the world we live in and create a more sustainable energy future.
Nexant is a premier provider of technology enabled solutions to the Utility and Energy Industry focused on the next generation intelligent grid, distributed energy resources, and the digital customer experience. Operating from 20 offices around the world, the company's team of industry professionals has completed more than 5,000 engagements in over 70 countries. Nexant's clients include over 200 utility and software services customers. We work with over 300 chemical and petroleum majors, financial institutions, and Fortune 500 companies. Find out more at www.nexant.com.
Nexant supports clients through the following business units:
• Utility Software and Services: We deliver software-enabled strategy, consulting, and implementation services. Software has developed and commercialized a number of industry-leading software platforms and applications including iEnergy®, Grid360™, and iHedge®. Utility Services works with clients to drive customer energy savings; ensure cost-effective program design, implementation, management, and evaluation; and promote customer engagement.
• Energy & Chemicals Advisory: We offer consulting services, subscriptions, and training. E&CA provides strategic planning, project development, competitor analysis, and market and price forecasting.
• Government Services: We assist developing countries with energy sector policies, infrastructure, financing, and access to affordable electricity. We have worked in countries such as Kenya, Myanmar, India, Ethiopia, and many others.
Diversity & Sustainability at Nexant
At Nexant, diversity, equality, and inclusion matter. We have made a firm commitment to address diversity in every aspect of our business operations. We recognize that to be successful, it is vital to celebrate our differences, provide fair opportunity, and learn from one another.
The management of energy, water and other vital resources is in a pivotal moment in history. We believe we have an opportunity to empower sustainable activities as a business and as individuals.This belief is infused in our relationships with employees, clients, our supply chain, and the environment. We are proud of our sustainability achievements as a company and how our business aligns with the goal of a resourceful, responsible, and sustainable world. Nexant has been recording, reporting, and offsetting our North American office carbon emissions with The Climate Registry since 2008. Nexant is a member of EUISSCA, an alliance of US electric utilities and their suppliers that was formed to promote a robust and sustainable electric utility industry supply chain.
Nexant, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
• B.S. or M.S in Computer Science or related
• Hands-on software development experience in designing and developing high performance, reliable and scalable production systems
• 5+ years of experience with programming languages, preferably PHP and the Laravel framework
• 5+ years of experience with MySQL, Access, or other relational databases
• Familiar with developer tools and processes including GIT, JIRA, and Agile
• Experience tuning enterprise applications for performance and scalability
• Understanding of workflow engines, and prior use of workflow engines is desired
• Strong experience in JAAS APIs, LDAP and SSO
• Experience with leading cloud deployment platforms and technologies is preferred
• Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Practical Knowledge of the Agile Software Development Life cycle
• Knowledge of Utility Industry and related software systems is ideal
Salary and Benefits (U.S.)
Nexant offers competitive salaries based on candidate's qualifications. Nexant also offers three weeks paid vacation per year, eleven paid holidays per year, a 401(k) plan with employee matching funds and an overall comprehensive benefits package.