Director - Business Management
About the Job
Nexant is currently seeking a professional, highly-motivated and self-directed full-time Project Manager with great customer, technical, and communication skills to support electric and gas utility energy efficiency program and measure design. This position is located in White Plains, NY.
We are looking for a multi-talented achiever with a positive attitude to join our team. You have exceptional project and contract management skills and a proven track record of setting and then exceeding client expectations. You are a customer-focused problem-solver, with excellent written and oral communication skills, including proficiency in developing and delivering formal presentations. You are humbly confident with an uncanny ability to quickly build trusting relationships, develop and sell solutions at all levels of an organization. You have a high level of business acumen, managing to budgets and profitability targets. You are also natural leader adept at engaging and developing staff.
You have experience in the energy, sustainability, or utility sectors in a project management, business management, professional sales/account management, or technical role. Direct experience with energy efficiency, utility DSM or customer engagement programs is definitely an advantage. However, beyond all of that, you are someone who thrives in a fast-paced environment, connects easily with clients, is committed to excellence, and is able to truly inspire your team to deliver valued results. The successful candidate will be responsible for managing a portfolio of energy efficiency programs for a large investor owner utility in the NY/NJ area.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage and strengthen client relations and engage in the co-management of projects, present results, and develop new scopes of work based on the strategic goals and needs of the client
- Responsible for quality of services and products, contract compliance, and performance measures while maintaining project deliverable schedules for multiple projects administered by direct reports
- Maintain quality control of all deliverable products demonstrating technical excellence, objectivity, and clarity while maintaining project schedules
- Facilitate cross-functional engagement of staff and resources to effectively implement specific projects
- Financial responsibility and oversight of projects administered by direct reports, including adherence to budgets, revenue targets, and profitability in alignment with company/business unit performance goals
- Provide accurate monthly, quarterly and annual forecasts to support corporate/division reporting
- Oversees Project Staff on multiple projects and ensures client needs are being met
- Support efforts to achieve overall company and business unit performance goals as set by the company and specified in the Annual Development Plan and the Employee Performance Evaluation(s).
- Identify and support marketing opportunities and efforts to secure new business opportunities for the Company in collaboration with the Business Development and Account Managers
- Responsible for overall revenue, profit and loss of all projects administered by direct reports
- Work in partnership with other senior leaders across the division to ensure proper knowledge management and program management best practices
- Quantify needs and secure project-specific staffing needs and related resource requirements from cross-functional resources, or by hiring as appropriate
- Conduct employee performance evaluations and oversee overall staff development (e.g., project management skills, technical capabilities)
- Ability to travel locally 20% of the time
- Other duties as directed
Every day, Nexant employees partner with customers to reimagine the world we live in and create a more sustainable energy future.
Nexant is a premier provider of technology enabled solutions to the Utility and Energy Industry focused on the next generation intelligent grid, distributed energy resources, and the digital customer experience. Operating from 20 offices around the world, the company's team of industry professionals has completed more than 5,000 engagements in over 70 countries. Nexant's clients include over 200 utility and software services customers. We work with over 300 chemical and petroleum majors, financial institutions, and Fortune 500 companies. Find out more at www.nexant.com.
Nexant supports clients through the following business units:
• Utility Software and Services: We deliver software-enabled strategy, consulting, and implementation services. Software has developed and commercialized a number of industry-leading software platforms and applications including iEnergy®, Grid360™, and iHedge®. Utility Services works with clients to drive customer energy savings; ensure cost-effective program design, implementation, management, and evaluation; and promote customer engagement.
• Energy & Chemicals Advisory: We offer consulting services, subscriptions, and training. E&CA provides strategic planning, project development, competitor analysis, and market and price forecasting.
• Government Services: We assist developing countries with energy sector policies, infrastructure, financing, and access to affordable electricity. We have worked in countries such as Kenya, Myanmar, India, Ethiopia, and many others.
Diversity & Sustainability at Nexant
At Nexant, diversity, equality, and inclusion matter. We have made a firm commitment to address diversity in every aspect of our business operations. We recognize that to be successful, it is vital to celebrate our differences, provide fair opportunity, and learn from one another.
The management of energy, water and other vital resources is in a pivotal moment in history. We believe we have an opportunity to empower sustainable activities as a business and as individuals.This belief is infused in our relationships with employees, clients, our supply chain, and the environment. We are proud of our sustainability achievements as a company and how our business aligns with the goal of a resourceful, responsible, and sustainable world. Nexant has been recording, reporting, and offsetting our North American office carbon emissions with The Climate Registry since 2008. Nexant is a member of EUISSCA, an alliance of US electric utilities and their suppliers that was formed to promote a robust and sustainable electric utility industry supply chain.
Nexant, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Engineering is preferred
- Minimum of 8-15 years of work experience in energy, utilities, or engineering industries
- Strong proficiency with oral communication, writing, and analytical skills. Planning, organization, and self-management in a professional environment a must
- Strong business acumen and project management skills
- Strong attention to detail to detail, excellence and analytic skills and follow-through in a fast pace environment
- Proven time management ability. Able to meet deliverable deadlines and budget for multiple projects
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, experience and aptitude with working in team environment, as well as independently without direct supervision
- Proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Google Enterprise Suite and the ability to learn and operate company proprietary computer software is required
- Must have a valid U.S. driver’s license and have a personal vehicle to visit customer sites
Salary and Benefits (U.S.)
Nexant offers competitive salaries based on candidate's qualifications. Nexant also offers three weeks paid vacation per year, eleven paid holidays per year, a 401(k) plan with employee matching funds and an overall comprehensive benefits package.