Senior Project Administrator
About the Job
Do you enjoy working with a team, being innovative, doing the right thing and having fun? Are you personable, ambitious, sharp as a tack and have a passion for a sustainable energy future? Then Nexant is the place for you.
As a Project Administrator, you will be key to our teams’ success. You will lead the activities of multiple team members spread across different locations to deliver program services to our client. This position is located in Richmond, VA to facilitate regular client and subcontractor engagement. The successful candidate will be comfortable providing leadership to a functionally and geographically diverse team requiring solid organizational and planning skills and attention to detail.
At Nexant, we strive to make a positive impact on the world through energy efficiency and we are committed to a culture of teamwork to do so. Every person is treated with respect and is recognized for their efforts. We are devoted to bringing out the best in each other, contributing to the collective mission, and holding each other accountable. If you want to make a difference, value integrity and providing quality and service beyond expectations, we want to hear from you.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Account management through regular interactions with the client, including face-to-face meetings. Goals are to stay abreast of client needs and upcoming changes and to provide visibility into program activities and performance.
- Coordination of the following components of our services: subcontractor engagement, fieldwork, engineering, software, project reviews, call center and rebate processing, and program performance tracking and reporting. This position will not directly supervise staff providing these services but will coordinate all efforts to align with client needs and project budgets. Routine meetings with these teams and maintenance of action item lists will be required.
- Manage program tracking, including, but not limited to, the following: energy savings, incentive spending, inspection quantities and results, breakdowns by subcontractor and building type, special initiatives, and call center performance.
- Creating documentation detailing business processes supporting the delivery of services.
- Occasional site visits to projects for either QC or public relations purposes.
- Public engagement through attendance at stakeholder events typically held monthly and involving presentations and breakout sessions.
- Other duties as assigned.
Every day, Nexant employees partner with customers to reimagine the world we live in and create a more sustainable energy future.
Nexant is a premier provider of technology enabled solutions to the Utility and Energy Industry focused on the next generation intelligent grid, distributed energy resources, and the digital customer experience. Operating from 20 offices around the world, the company's team of industry professionals has completed more than 5,000 engagements in over 70 countries. Nexant's clients include over 200 utility and software services customers. We work with over 300 chemical and petroleum majors, financial institutions, and Fortune 500 companies. Find out more at www.nexant.com.
Nexant supports clients through the following business units:
• Utility Software and Services: We deliver software-enabled strategy, consulting, and implementation services. Software has developed and commercialized a number of industry-leading software platforms and applications including iEnergy®, Grid360™, and iHedge®. Utility Services works with clients to drive customer energy savings; ensure cost-effective program design, implementation, management,and evaluation; and promote customer engagement.
• Energy & Chemicals Advisory: We offer consulting services, subscriptions, and training. E&CA provides strategic planning, project development, competitor analysis, and market and price forecasting.
• Government Services: We assist developing countries with energy sector policies, infrastructure, financing, and access to affordable electricity. We have worked in countries such as Kenya, Myanmar, India, Ethiopia, and many others.
Diversity & Sustainability at Nexant
At Nexant, diversity, equality, and inclusion matter. We have made a firm commitment to address diversity in every aspect of our business operations. We recognize that to be successful, it is vital to celebrate our differences, provide fair opportunity, and learn from one another.
The management of energy, water and other vital resources is in a pivotal moment in history. We believe we have an opportunity to empower sustainable activities as a business and as individuals.This belief is infused in our relationships with employees, clients, our supply chain, and the environment. We are proud of our sustainability achievements as a company and how our business aligns with the goal of a resourceful, responsible, and sustainable world. Nexant has been recording, reporting, and offsetting our North American office carbon emissions with The Climate Registry since 2008. Nexant is a member of EUISSCA, an alliance of US electric utilities and their suppliers that was formed to promote a robust and sustainable electric utility industry supply chain.
Nexant, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or management preferred.
- 3-5 years of experience in client engagement and project coordination involving multiple teams.
- Ability to lead project activities toward established goals, continuously monitoring progress and requesting necessary adjustments.
- Communication is important for this position! Much of the work will involve communication, both verbal and written, with various team members. Communication must be clear, concise, and professional. Recipients must understand what is being discussed and who will be responsible for various action items. Samples of business-related communications will be requested from applicants.
- Self-motivation with a willingness to ask for help when needed. We strive for a collaborative team environment.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Excel, MS Office Suite, and preferably Google Docs and G Suite.
- Must be able to pass a criminal and financial background screening.
Salary and Benefits (U.S.)
Nexant offers competitive salaries based on candidate's qualifications. Nexant also offers three weeks paid vacation per year, eleven paid holidays per year, a 401(k) plan with employee matching funds and an overall comprehensive benefits package.