Energy Efficiency Manager - Large Commercial
Do you enjoy working with a team, being innovative, doing the right thing and having fun? Are you personable, ambitious, sharp as a tack and have a passion for a sustainable energy future? Then Nexant is the place for you. As a Large Commercial Program Manager, you will be key to our team’s success in the State of California. You will be responsible for launching and overseeing a large commercial (DSM) program, and serving as the primary point of contact with key utility client(s). You will manage client engagement and project delivery across a team of 3-5 direct reports and sub-contractors. The position may be based in either the Los Angeles or Bay Area in California and will report to the Principal who has oversight of California.
At Nexant, we strive to make a positive impact on the world through energy efficiency and we are committed to a culture of teamwork to do so. Every person is treated with respect and is recognized for their efforts. We are devoted to bringing out the best in each other, contributing to the collective mission, and holding each other accountable. If you want to make a difference, value integrity and providing quality and service beyond expectations, we want to hear from you.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Launch and oversee a large commercial DSM program in the State of California
- Responsible for quality of services and products, contract compliance, and performance measures while maintaining project deliverable schedules for multiple projects
- Quantify needs and secure project-specific staffing needs and related resource requirements from cross-functional resources, subcontractors, or by hiring as appropriate
- Maintain quality control of all deliverable products demonstrating technical excellence, objectivity, and clarity while maintaining project schedules
- Manage and strengthen client relations and engage in the co-management of projects, present results, and develop new scopes of work based on the strategic goals and needs of the client
- Financial responsibility and oversight of projects, including adherence to budgets, revenue targets, and profitability in alignment with company/business unit performance goals. Facilitate cross-functional engagement of staff and resources to effectively implement specific projects
- Provide accurate monthly, quarterly and annual forecasts to support corporate/division reporting and strategic planning
- Support efforts to achieve overall company and business unit performance goals as set by the company and specified in the Annual Development
- Plan and the Employee Performance Evaluation(s)
- Up to 10% travel may be required, with the majority of travel being within the State of California to support client meetings. An occasional overnight trip may be required
- Other duties as directed.
Every day, Nexant employees partner with customers to reimagine the world we live in and create a more sustainable energy future.
Nexant is a premier provider of technology enabled solutions to the Utility and Energy Industry focused on the next generation intelligent grid, distributed energy resources, and the digital customer experience. Operating from 20 offices around the world, the company's team of industry professionals has completed more than 5,000 engagements in over 70 countries. Nexant's clients include over 200 utility and software services customers. We work with over 300 chemical and petroleum majors, financial institutions, and Fortune 500 companies. Find out more at www.nexant.com.
Nexant supports clients through the following business units:
• Utility Software and Services: We deliver software-enabled strategy, consulting, and implementation services. Software has developed and commercialized a number of industry-leading software platforms and applications including iEnergy®, Grid360™, and iHedge®. Utility Services works with clients to drive customer energy savings; ensure cost-effective program design, implementation, management, and evaluation; and promote customer engagement.
• Energy & Chemicals Advisory: We offer consulting services, subscriptions, and training. E&CA provides strategic planning, project development, competitor analysis, and market and price forecasting.
• Government Services: We assist developing countries with energy sector policies, infrastructure, financing, and access to affordable electricity. We have worked in countries such as Kenya, Myanmar, India, Ethiopia, and many others.
Diversity & Sustainability at Nexant
At Nexant, diversity, equality, and inclusion matter. We have made a firm commitment to address diversity in every aspect of our business operations. We recognize that to be successful, it is vital to celebrate our differences, provide fair opportunity, and learn from one another.
The management of energy, water and other vital resources is in a pivotal moment in history. We believe we have an opportunity to empower sustainable activities as a business and as individuals.This belief is infused in our relationships with employees, clients, our supply chain, and the environment. We are proud of our sustainability achievements as a company and how our business aligns with the goal of a resourceful, responsible, and sustainable world. Nexant has been recording, reporting, and offsetting our North American office carbon emissions with The Climate Registry since 2008. Nexant is a member of EUISSCA, an alliance of US electric utilities and their suppliers that was formed to promote a robust and sustainable electric utility industry supply chain.
Nexant, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree
- 5+ years of experience managing/implementing energy efficiency or demand response programs on behalf of North American Utilities
- 2+ years working with utilities in California, with knowledge of energy efficiency programs, key regulatory rulings, and IOU priorities
- Must be able to travel locally (typically to major metropolitan areas in CA and occasionally Salt Lake City, UT) up to approximately 10% of the time
- Project management experience either directly related to utility customer programs or in a related field (e.g. building construction) is required; Direct experience in the design of customer programs for utilities is desired
- Excellent writing, interpersonal, analytical skills.
- Certifications such as professional engineer’s license, CEM, General contractors license, or other energy efficiency/building science certification strongly preferred
Salary and Benefits (U.S.)
Nexant offers competitive salaries based on candidate qualifications. Nexant also offers three weeks paid vacation per year, eleven paid holidays per year, a 401(k) plan with employee matching funds and an overall comprehensive benefits package.