About the Job
Do you enjoy working with a team, being innovative, doing the right thing and having fun? Are you personable, ambitious, sharp as a tack, and have a passion for a sustainable energy future? Then Nexant is the place for you. Nexant is seeking a proactive and self-motivated Engineer I/Project Coordinator in our Hinsdale, IL office who will be responsible for managing and coordinating with building owners and service providers participating in utility sponsored energy efficiency programs.
Do you ever wonder how small businesses or large commercial buildings receive utility incentives to save energy? Join a dedicated team implementing Chicago-land energy efficiency programs. Specifically help service providers and contractors drive energy savings for customers. The Project Coordinator is an instrumental part of the delivery and success of the program. The candidate will be responsible for: working with building owners participating in utility sponsored programs, attending and facilitating meetings, and other related tasks. We are looking for an exceptional person who enjoys working in a challenging and innovative environment.
At Nexant, we strive to make a positive impact on the world through energy efficiency and we are committed to a culture of teamwork to do so. Every person is treated with respect and is recognized for their efforts. We are devoted to bringing out the best in each other, contributing to the collective mission, and holding each other accountable. If you want to make a difference, value integrity and providing quality and service beyond expectations, we want to hear from you.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate day-to-day aspects of projects including quality of work product, client communications, scheduling, and utilizing technical staff to service projects.
- Maintain quality control of all deliverable products, demonstrating objectivity and clarity while maintaining project schedules.
- Establish and maintain a professional customer rapport, including identifying and anticipating customer needs and proposing solutions.
- Promptly and accurately address customer concerns to assure problem resolution and promote long-term productive relationships. Understand the organization and decision-making process in order to work with stakeholders in determining project eligibility, schedule and potential energy savings.
- Manage on-time delivery of technical reports
- Facilitate meetings with building owners, utility representatives, and sub-contractors
- Communicate efficiently with subcontractors, customers and clients to meet program requirements
- Other duties as assigned.
- BA or BS degree is required, preferably in Engineering, Business Management, Construction Management or a related field
- Minimum of 0-2 years of project coordination experience or similar within the energy efficiency industry
- An understanding of building energy systems preferred
- Demonstrated ability to successfully coordinate multiple projects and work with technical staff
- Previous relevant experience with success at managing multiple projects/programs, budgets, deliverables, and client relations.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation, and analytical skills
- Proficient in MS office suite
Nexant offers competitive salaries based on candidate's qualifications. Nexant also offers three weeks paid vacation per year, eleven paid holidays per year, a 401(k) plan with employee matching funds and an overall comprehensive benefits package.
Every day, Nexant employees partner with customers to reimagine the world we live in and create a more sustainable energy future.
Nexant is a premier provider of technology enabled solutions to the Utility and Energy Industry focused on the next generation intelligent grid, distributed energy resources, and the digital customer experience. Operating from 20 offices around the world, the company's team of industry professionals has completed more than 5,000 engagements in over 70 countries. Nexant's clients include over 200 utility and software services customers. We work with over 300 chemical and petroleum majors, financial institutions, and Fortune 500 companies. Find out more at www.nexant.com.
Nexant supports clients through the following business units:
- Utility Software and Services: We deliver software-enabled strategy, consulting, and implementation services. Software has developed and commercialized a number of industry-leading software platforms and applications including iEnergy®, Grid360™, and iHedge®. Utility Services works with clients to drive customer energy savings; ensure cost-effective program design, implementation, management,and evaluation; and promote customer engagement.
- Energy & Chemicals Advisory: We offer consulting services, subscriptions, and training. E&CA provides strategic planning, project development, competitor analysis, and market and price forecasting.
- Government Services: We assist developing countries with energy sector policies, infrastructure, financing, and access to affordable electricity. We have worked in countries such as Kenya, Myanmar, India, Ethiopia, and many others.
Diversity & Sustainability at Nexant:
At Nexant, diversity, equality, and inclusion matter. We have made a firm commitment to address diversity in every aspect of our business operations. We recognize that to be successful, it is vital to celebrate our differences, provide fair opportunity, and learn from one another.
The management of energy, water and other vital resources is in a pivotal moment in history. We believe we have an opportunity to empower sustainable activities as a business and as individuals.This belief is infused in our relationships with employees, clients, our supply chain, and the environment. We are proud of our sustainability achievements as a company and how our business aligns with the goal of a resourceful, responsible, and sustainable world. Nexant has been recording, reporting, and offsetting our North American office carbon emissions with The Climate Registry since 2008. Nexant is a member of EUISSCA, an alliance of US electric utilities and their suppliers that was formed to promote a robust and sustainable electric utility industry supply chain.
Nexant, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.