Energy Engineer I
- Provide reliable and responsive customer service to Nexant clients.
- Communicate effectively with subcontractors and clients.
- Conduct site visits and identify energy efficiency measures.
- Support measurement and verification tasks including the installations of field monitoring equipment to establish energy usage patterns as necessary.
- Perform and review energy savings analyses. Maintain quality of the deliverable products, demonstrating technical accuracy, excellence and clarity while maintaining project’s budget and schedule.
- Write reports summarizing the results of the energy analyses and recommend energy savings opportunities and incentive payments.
- Communicate and coordinate efficiently with various project stakeholders and participants including contractors and end customers.
- Meet with utility customer and vendors to present results, develop new scopes of work.
- Assist customers to select appropriate energy efficiency equipment that would qualify for equipment rebates from the utility.
- Assist customers with completing and submitting rebate applications.
- Conduct site visits to verify installation and operation of replacement energy efficient equipment.
- Support Nexant’s utility services offerings under the direction of the engineering managers
- Other duties as directe
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Sustainable Engineering, or similar.
- Minimum of 1 year of related experience
- A strong understanding of electric energy using systems of commercial and industrial facilities including equipment controls and optimization and/or sustainability practices
- Familiarity with relevant energy efficiency codes and standards (e.g. IECC, Code of Federal Regulations, ASHRAE 90.1, etc.)
- Knowledge and familiarity of the Arizona commercial building market and local industrial manufacturing facilities
- Strong proficiency with oral communication, writing, and analytical skills.
- Strong attention to detail and follow-through in a fast pace environment.
- Proven time management ability
- Experience and aptitude with working in a team environment.
- Experience in the following areas is a plus:
- Building and energy modeling/simulation tools (e.g., IES-VE, EnergyPlus)
- Proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Google Enterprise Suite and the ability to learn and operate company proprietary computer software is required
- Must have a valid U.S. driver’s license and have a personal vehicle to visit customer sites (local travel within the Phoenix metro area only)
- P.E., C.E.M., or LEED AP® certification (or on track to receive) is desirable
Nexant offers competitive salaries based on candidate qualifications. Nexant also offers three weeks paid vacation per year, eleven paid holidays per year, a 401(k) plan with employee matching funds and an overall comprehensive benefits package.